CD Research
The album is called An Awesome Wave
I have chosen Alt-j as one of the album covers that I think work best with both the music they produce and the genre. Alt-j is an indie/country/alternative band with an unusual choice of instruments, they produce quite quiet music in most cases, but can also give out a bit of a shout. I think that the imagery for the album cover is both quiet, but is loud in colour. This makes a good representation of the bands music.Reason for what I have said about the album cover- Alt-j are quite unusual and like a variation to their music, although to quite a few tastes they do aim for cultural and quite calm music, with 'some' you could say more emotional. And this album cover gives off that tone of unusual, indirect and quite calm but still with bold colour breaking through, so I find this really works with the music they produce.
The album is called A Grand Don't Come For Free
The Streets is another of my choices because it proves it's music through this album cover, mainly because the genre is quite alternative, but could be described as electric, harsh, slightly punk rebellious. But it also talks about the problems in life and directs it at a lot of the problems that people encounter in their life and I think that that the album cover is quite entwined in the music that they produce.
Reason I think it is entwined nicely with the music- the album cover is very dark and quite simple, probably a view everyone has witnessed in their life; a person on their own waiting for that late night bus feeling a little vulnerable. It may be simple, but the streets don't try to be complicated, they just say life how it is for quite a few people and that's why I think the album cover works well.
The album is called Welcome To Jamrock
Damian Marley has used his background to the music to design this album cover (well that's what I can interpret from it). I find it really ties in with the genre and reasons behind the music- reggae/ partially rap and based a lot upon the area of his family and the society. This album cover almost shouts out at you what it is representing- unsettled, culture and the ways of life for a person who comes from the area he sings and composes music about.
The details that gives me the reason- He has chosen colours that are to his country and because of the lyrics he writes, this ties in very well. Also he writes lyrics about destruction and wishing for a better society and on this cover he uses the actual name of his country and places graffiti on top of it, which makes it very clear what he is trying to say.
The album is of the Greatest Hits
Reason for what I have said- in the album cover it presents the elements of the name they have given themselves, they also keep it colourful and soulful which ties in with their genre.
The album is called- Close To Paradise
Patrick Watson is a singer songwriter joined by his band who compose music with a genre of indie rock/ classical pop cabaret. The music is quite alternative and easy going, with many different stories to each of his albums. But out of all of the album covers for his music I find this one is well involved with the lyrics and genre. Also I think it brings about more of the alternative side to his sound; calm, unusual, detailed and complex.Reason for my link- I find that the detail to the album cover and the way it has been illustrated very to the genre of his music. It is calm and delicate but has meaning; (as I see it) he has made it to represent the closeness to paradise; which is the album name.





No comments:
Post a Comment